Faith-Based Group Therapy at
Our Therapeutic Rehab and Recovery Center
Great Lakes Women’s Rehab, an Adult and Teen Challenge treatment center in Milwaukee, WI, understands that you need to find help for your loved one! We are a low cost drug and alcohol addiction treatment center with separate residential home locations for men and women. Our Robby Dawson Home for Women is a beautiful and spacious facility located in downtown Milwaukee’s historic Concordia neighborhood.
Families and friends looking for effective therapy methods to help a struggling young woman can learn about Group therapy used at our therapeutic rehab and recovery center for women.
Great Lakes Women’s Rehab/GLATC understands that families want to send a loved one to a safe, monitored environment where she receives personal care, and individual therapies that help her recover from addictions, and heal emotional and mental disorders–whether brought on by trauma, foster care, adoption or family genetics.
And while the young women enters a therapeutic residential rehab center for counseling, treatment, and expanding her vocation choices and valuable life skills, Great Lakes Women’s Rehab/GLATC also helps women improve mental and physical health through Group Therapy, led by licensed therapists.
What is Group Therapy?
Group therapy is a form of psychotherapy that involves one or more therapists working with several people at the same time.
Group therapy is sometimes used alone, but it is also commonly integrated into a comprehensive treatment plan that also includes individual therapy and medication.
The precise manner in which the session is conducted depends largely on the goals of the group and the style of the therapist. Some therapists might encourage a more free-form style of dialogue, where each member participates as he or she sees fit. Other therapists instead have a specific plan for each session that might include having clients practice new skills with other members of the group.
The principal advantages of group therapy include:
- Group therapy allows people to receive the support and encouragement of the other members of the group. People participating in the group can see that others are going through the same thing, which can help them feel less alone.
- Group members can serve as role models for other members of the group. By observing someone successfully coping with a problem, other members of the group can see that there is hope for recovery. As each person progresses, they can, in turn, serve as a role model and support figure for others. This can help foster feelings of success and accomplishment.
- Group therapy is often very affordable. Instead of focusing on just one client at a time, the therapist can devote his or her time to a much larger group of people.
- Group therapy offers a safe haven. The setting allows people to practice behaviors and actions within the safety and security of the group.
- By working in a group, the therapist can see first-hand how each person responds to other people and behaves in social situations. Using this information, the therapist can provide valuable feedback to each client.
Group Therapy Builds a Sense of Hope
That’s why Great Lakes Women’s Rehab/GLATC uses Group Therapy, to create a unique and effective approach to overcome addictions and behavior issues. We want each young women to experience effective counseling as well as improve her daily life now, and back home with family.
Affordable Addiction Treatment Therapy
at Great Lakes Women’s Rehab
Great Lakes Women’s Rehab, a part of Great Lakes Adult & Teen Challenge, is a nonprofit, affordable and effective residential program for women who are struggling with addictions. We provide holistic addiction and alcoholism treatment through a long-term residential experience with daily education, counseling, mentoring, and vocational training.
In a safe, single-gender, and encouraging environment in our women’s location in Milwaukee, our team works with each individual, showing them the way toward a more fulfilling life based on God’s forgiveness, love and purpose.
For 60 years, the Adult & Teen Challenge addiction treatment and recovery model has proven to be highly effective for all addictions, bringing about maturity, honesty, humility, care, and total life change that lasts.
CALL NOW to learn more: (414) 748-4357